Our digestive system is a complex, highly interactive and essential part of our functioning. Studies have found correlations between the health of our gut and our immune system, our mental health, auto-immune disease, endocryne and thyroid disorders, our weight and even cancer.
Our skin is highly sensitive to changes in our gut health and gut microbiome, with many people flaring up with acne, rosacea or ezcema as a result of poor gut health. Our Naturopath can help you pin-point your gut issues and naturally work towards better balance.
Here is our top tips for great gut health:
- remove processed foods from your diet
- remove or reduce alcohol, caffeine and sugar
- eat more warm cooked veg and slow cooked meat
- eat plenty of healthy fats
- drink pently of clean filtered water
- consume small amounts of fermented foods
- eat plenty of fiber
- exercise regularly
- get plenty of quality sleep
- eat smaller, more frequent meals
- incorporate stress-relief practices into your daily life
Suspect your skin may be suffering due to poor gut health? Book an Initial Consultation or start with a Complimentary Discovery Call to chat about how our team can help you get your gut health (and skin) back on track!