PERTH SKIN HEALTH EXPERTS. BOOK AN APPOINTMENT TODAY!
Managing Your Dermatitis
Having worked in skin health since 2010, inflammatory skin conditions are what we do!
Peri-oral Dermatitis (PD) is by far the most common form of Dermatitis we see in clinic. PD causes redness, tiny red pimples and dryness on the sides of the nose, mouth and chin. PD is often misdiagnosed as acne because of its “pimply” appearance. It is a very reactive condition and, if not managed correctly, may worsen, spread and continue to be inflamed for months. When occurring around the eyes, Periocular Dermatitis can cause redness, swelling and dryness.
Another regular to our clinic is Seborrheic Dermatitis. Caused by an overgrowth of Malassezia Yeast, this condition causes an itchy and flakey scalp, but may also spread to other parts of the face, causing redness and dryness. In men, Seborrheic Dermatitis is common in the beard.
Other types of dermatitis are Contact Dermatitis, caused by jewellery, gloves or chemicals. Dyshidrotic Dermatitis which affects the hands and manifests as very itchy small blisters and the more rare Nummular and Neurodermatitis.
As we are not medical practitioners, we cannot formally diagnose your skin condition and always recommend consulting your general practitioner (doctor) about your concerns before reaching out to us. We can help you manage your Dermatitis holistically once you have consulted your doctor.
It is imperative to understand the root cause of Dermatitis in order to manage its symptoms; get started with a 1-hour Initial Skin Consultation with our Clinic Director to devise a personalised treatment plan suitable for your skin concern, age, lifestyle and budget.
Every skin journey is different, typically our clients with Dermatitis will:
- Start on skincare to reduce inflammation and repair the skin barrier.
- Take nutritional supplements to reduce inflammation and dryness and improve the skin biome.
- Have regular Healite LED Light Therapy to reduce redness and strengthen the skin barrier.
- Implement personalised lifestyle and dietary changes under the guidance of our Clinic Director.
- Clients with more advanced or stubborn forms of Dermatitis will benefit from working with our Clinic Naturopath; this will allow us to deep-dive into your health to truly address the causative factor of your skin.
It is our goal to educate and make you feel empowered about your skin, to enable you to be in control and have confidence in managing your concerns long-term.