Looking for a wintery skin friendly dish to make tonight? This delicious risotto from The Healthy Chef is grain free, dairy free and packed with potassium, Vitamin B and proteins. Leftovers, if you can stop at one serving, reheat perfectly the next day.
20 g dry porcini mushrooms
2 shallots, finely diced
650 g assorted mushrooms
1/2 cup raw quinoa, washed and rinsed well
500 – 750 ml filtered water
1 bunch parsley, chopped
100 g baby spinach leaves
50 g Brazil Nut Parmesan (see recipe below )
Black pepper and sea salt to taste
PUT IT TOGETHER:
- Soak the porcini mushrooms in ½ cup boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Sauté the shallot in a little oil until golden.
- Break up some of the larger mushrooms with your fingers so that you get nice rustic pieces. Slice the rest if necessary.
- Add the mushrooms to the browned shallots in the pan.
- Sauté for a few minutes or until they start to colour.
- Add quinoa and 500 ml of water or stock if using.
- Mix through, cover and cook over a low heat for 15 – 20 minutes or until water has been absorbed and quinoa is tender.
- Add the spinach and parsley.
- Add more water or stock if necessary.
- Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Top generously with Brazil Nut Parmesan.
- Divide into serving bowls and enjoy or place the pan in the middle of the table and share with friends.
BRAZIL NUT PARMESAN
1 cup raw Brazil nuts
1 small clove of garlic
Pinch Celtic sea salt
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
Combine Brazil nuts, garlic and salt in a food processor.
Process for about 15 seconds or until crumbly.
Add the zest of grated lemon and parsley.
Mix through and store this delicious vegan Parmesan in a glass jar in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Enjoy over salads, risotto or steamed vegetables.